Here are some of the most common ways to avoid serving jail time in Anaheim County:
1. Proving Innocence – One of the best ways to avoid jail is to prove your innocence. A “not guilty” verdict can release a host of consequences including jail, high fines, victim restitution, a criminal record, and much, much more. With the help of a criminal defense attorney, innocence can be proven for a plethora of crimes including domestic violence, DUI, battery, assault, theft, and other offenses.
For those found guilty, arguments can be presented for alternative sentencing that benefits society and offenders. These include:
2. Drug Education Programs – an addict for instance can benefit from rehab, whereas jail time may add fuel to addiction upon release. A criminal record leaves offenders at risk of no employment, and the domino effect is usually more crimes in society.
3. Electronic Monitoring – A tracking device is placed on offenders to record that only travels to home, work, and/or school is being adhered to.
4. Ignition Interlock Device – some DUI offenders are given leeway to drive – without suspension of their driver’s license. The catch is that soberness will need to be proved each time he or she gets in their vehicles.
5. Home Confinement – some offenders are fortunate to receive a sentence of home confinement versus the bitter reality of jail time. The stipulations for this sentence include random visits by a parole officer, and also adhering to all terms of probation.
If you are facing criminal charges in Anaheim for these and additional offenses, the criminal defense attorneys at the Law Offices of Randy Collins can help you. We will bring superior legal experience to aid you in this challenging time. Call us today at (844) 241-1221.